Fri, Jan 12|
Zürich local yoga studio
Courageous Heart Yin Yoga Teacher Training (160 hrs)
The focus of this training lies not only in learning the theory but also in experiencing the tools and their effects on your own body, mind, emotions, and energy. Realizing it’s all interconnected - from the way you walk through life to the way you greet someone to the quality of your breath and tho
Time & Location
Jan 12, 2024, 9:00 AM GMT+1 – Jan 28, 2024, 5:00 PM GMT+1
Zürich local yoga studio, Zürich, Switzerland
About the event
Courageous Heart Yin Yoga Teacher Training (160 hrs)
This Yin Yoga Teacher Training is a deep immersion within a small group. You’ll not only go on extended yin journeys to feel the effects of yin yoga in your own physical, mental, emotional, and energetic body but also learn in various lectures and workshops why and what is happening during a yin yoga class so that you can create safe and sacred spaces yourself for others and/or deepen your personal practice.
A bittersweet medicine as we’ll encounter the ugly and the beauty. Letting go is a necessity to move forward. Opening the heart to the known and unknown will require courage.
To meet oneself - the terror and joy.
This extensive, detail-oriented, and intensive Ceremonial Yin Yoga Teacher Training is an invitation to transform and step into our own potential as we connect to our hearts so that we can be of service to humanity.
Sounds all very dramatic but if you take a moment of reflecting upon the way you make choices when feeling relaxed and trusting vs. fearful and stressed, you’ll see that something as simple as yin yoga can change your life. You might wonder why ceremonial. I’m curious about how we can bring more rituals into our lives. How we can do less but a clearer intention and with that it feels more meaningful to ourselves and others.
This training is a space where you can experiment, ask questions, un-learn, and re-learn as well as understand yourself on a deeper layer. A big part of this training is personal growth, healing, releasing, and transforming. It is not a yoga holiday, it will be intensive and it requires a full commitment during the days of active training, self-study, and practicing teaching. It is at least 60 hours but there are way more in between and the hours of training don’t say as much as constant, committed practice, self-reflection, radical self-honesty, and the intention to keep growing, questioning, and cultivating a beginners mindset with a healthy dose of confidence, self-trust, and groundedness.
What we’ll be studying/practicing/experimenting with (with the intention to create embodied knowledge and not just rational):
Next to the lecture practices and sitting in the ceremony, you’ll experience experimental workshops, where you’ll learn and unlearn what you know about (yin) yoga.
• Yin Yoga Journeys & Cacao Ceremonies
• Yin Yoga Asanas in Experimental Workshops
• History of Yin Yoga & Yin Yoga Principles
• Art of Teaching Yin Yoga & Yin Language
• The Art of Creating, Opening, Holding, and Closing Spaces
• Yin Yoga Sequencing based on the Prana Vayus (Yogic Tradition) and Myofascial Meridian Lines (Basics of the Fascia System (Anatomy Trains) / there is no TCM in this training)
• Meditation & Pranayama Techniques from the Hatha Yoga Philosophy
• Mantra, Rituals, Journaling
• Art of Adjustments & Hands-on
• Business Basics & Creating Yin Yoga-related offerings
• Meeting amazing humans, co-create, holding space for each other, sharing circles and lunch breaks in solitude or together
• Expanding our capacity to hold space for ourselves and from there for others
• Taking a leap into the unknown and staying open to new experiences in life
• Training our courage muscles in the out-of-comfort zone space
• Exploring your WHY and how to create authentic offers and sacred spaces
This is for you if:
-You’re a new yoga teacher, space holder, coach, energy worker (and more) and want to expand on your own teaching and space-holding skills
-You haven't done a 200 hrs yoga teacher training yet or are planning one within a year of this training
-You’d love to broaden and deepen your knowledge and learn additional tools, techniques, and ways to work with yourself and humans in 1:1 or group sessions
-You crave a safely and sacredly held space for yourself to dive deeper into your own inner and outer journey
-You want to explore yin yoga on a deeper level not just intellectually but on an embodied level - physically, mentally, emotionally, and energetically
-Are curious to integrate more rituals and ceremonies in your personal life and your business
-You can self-regulate. It is important to have the emotional maturity and the capacity to hold space for yourself aka the ability to switch from emotional states to focus and groundedness —> self-regulation. This is a training where we will go deep inwards and things will come up, at the same time, we’re here to educate ourselves about yin yoga, which happens also on an intellectual level.
-Commitment, dedication & curiosity to do your homework, practice, and participate actively in the training as well as take self-responsibility, remember to come back to your own center and take inspired action and care of yourself.
How this training is built & how you'll get certified to teach yin yoga
- Part 1 135 hrs in-person yin yoga teacher training in Zurich City January 12-28th
- Part 2
- 25 hrs practice teaching by yourself & observing 1 yin yoga class/ceremony by Aleks Nikolic
- 3 Q&A group calls where we can exchange and you can ask questions as you practice teaching October 2023 - January 2024
- Graduation Celebration Dinner January/February
- You’ll receive a certification if you participate in the full course by Aleksandra Nikolic Art of Yin (if you get ill, you’ll have to bring an attestation and re-do any modules you miss in a Private 1:1 at extra cost), do all homework, successfully create and teach your final project. If you're not planning on teaching, you don't have to participate in the 2nd part of the teacher training where you practice teaching.
- It isn’t guaranteed to receive the certificate by all means as teaching yin yoga requires some level of self-responsibility, capacity to hold space, and groundedness.
- 160 + hours Yin Yoga Teacher & Space Holding Training Immersion if you’ve done all the reading and have held space / taught 25 hours of yin yoga. You also have to finish all the required assignments/reading and send in a recorded (live-streamed) sample yoga class and submit a teaching reflection on each of the 25 hours of teaching and observing 1 yin yoga class with Aleks Nikolic. You will have time to submit everything until January 31st, 2023. We'll have an optional graduation dinner in Zurich City in January / February (we'll doodle a date together).
- You can also simply join for your personal journey minus the certification and the teaching hours/graduation yin yoga class. You can still join for your personal experience but won't be needing to do the required assignments and teachings. I believe one of the most essential parts is to practice holding space for ourselves so that we can expand our capacity to hold space for others.
The focus of this training lies not only in learning the theory but also in experiencing the tools and their effects on your own body, mind, emotions, and energy. Realizing it’s all interconnected - from the way you walk through life to the way you greet someone to the quality of your breath and thoughts.
It’s important for me to not only give you great tools to become great teachers and be of service to your community but also help you clarify your intentions and visions that you’d love to plant and harvest. A big part of it that often lacks in yoga training, is the business aspect. How can we do business in alignment with our intention and the yogic teachings instead of slipping into the old, manipulative, and sneaky ways of doing business?
From ethical business choices to pricing, website building, offering creation, and more you’ll be able to not only brainstorm and have support from your buddy, Aleks Nikolic, her assistants, and the whole group but also be able to receive practical tips from Aleks after teaching for over 6 years and building her yoga business and being confronted with many questions. I believe that you don’t have to figure everything out by yourself but that we can share our experiences and create a more ethical and aligned yoga industry.
If you’re not sure if you qualify, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that humans of any gender/age are very welcome and that one of the most important things is that we all meet each other with respect.
what this training includes
- 160 hrs + of extensive yin yoga training
- 16 days of in-person studying (keep the days free, time varies somewhere between 9 am and 6 pm / we will have 2 full days off)
- Small Group Support as you put the theory into practice and start teaching yin yoga for over 6 months
- Feedback on your yin yoga sequences as you start teaching and a safe space to ask all the questions that can come up as you embark on teaching yoga
- Unlimited tea and healthy snacks
- extensive digital yin yoga manual
- 20% off selected online and offline events by Aleks Nikolic from the paid deposit until March 31st 2024
- ceremonial goodie bag
- high-quality yoga mats & props in our urban yoga studio
- Not included: airfare, taxi transfer to and from the airport, 1:1 private sessions with Aleks, travel/health insurance, extra consumption at over lunch, recommended/required additional books, , any travel costs as visas, vaccinations, passports, etc.
The Pricing & Application
- Early-Booking Pricing until November 1st, 2023: PIF: CHF 2600.- PP: CHF 535.- / x 5 months
- Regular Pricing from June 2nd: PIF: CHF 2700.- PP: CHF 555.- / x 5 months
- A non-refundable deposit (incl. in the pricing above): CHF 750.-
- PIF = pay in full
- PP = partial payments
- If you have questions or would like to request an individual payment plan, email email@example.com
- The deposit/ 1st partial payment has to be paid as you apply for the spot. To benefit from the special pricing, the rest of the payment has to arrive on the last day of the special.
If you book your spot until June 30th, you'll receive a voucher for a monthly cacao ceremony and yin journey with Aleks Nikolic worth CHF 175.- and valid until 31.1.23
Want to study more?
If you want to also join the Untamed Retreat in June or the Divine Feminine Immersion in August 2023 or June 2024, send me an email and you'll receive an additional 10 % off the total pricing.
-If you pay by credit card/klarna, there is an additional fee of CHF 30.- for the total price and CHF 10.- for the payment plan
-There is a non-refundable deposit as you book your spot: CHF 750.- (included in the total pricing)
-Read the booking and cancellation policy below. The non-refundable deposit needs to be paid as you book your spot in this immersion.
About Aleks Nikolic and her 7 years of teaching experience:
In November 2014 I cried on my bathroom floor, working non-stop as a Community Manager for a big American corporation. I felt exhausted and I simply craved to feel happy. I guess today I’d call it an urge to feel fulfilled as happiness isn’t something we can expect to feel always, yet fulfillment helps us trust in the moments when life feels challenging.
With that decision, I recommitted to my yoga practice and hired a life coach. In February 2015 I went to Brazil for a retreat by myself and made the secret decision to leave Switzerland a year from today for good. I found a 200hs Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training in the jungle of Costa Rica that would start in March 2016. Well, the urge became louder and I quit my job earlier, starting my journey with a trip to Italy and the wonderful city of Verona.
I’ve sold all my things and got myself a one-way ticket to Bali where I woke up in October 2015.
What a crazy journey life is. We simply have to make a choice that we are not willing to move anymore in directions that deprive us of feeling aligned and working against ourselves.
Before the teacher training, I started organizing women’s circles and workshops around creativity, journaling, self-expression, vulnerability, and rituals. After that, I started teaching in Mexico in May 2016 first on the beach and then in a local yoga studio. From then on I’ve taught in youth camps, eco-resorts, and urban city yoga studios from Zurich to Prague, Bangkok, and all over the world in Europe, South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Central America.
I’ve done over 500 hours of teacher training and immersions in Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, MyoYin and Myofascial Release, Yoga Nidra, Tantric Hatha Yoga and Divine Feminine, Kids Yoga, ThetaHealing, and much more.
From 2018 until today I’m assisting Nik Robson during the Yin Culture Teacher Training and led this summer my first extended Ceremonial Yin Yoga Teacher Training.
In the following articles, blog posts, and podcast episodes you can read more about my journey and if you have more questions about my qualifications, please send me an email:
Booking and Cancellation Policy:
I strongly recommend booking travel insurance and having international health insurance valid for Switzerland if coming from abroad. Please note that the CHF 750.- deposit is not refundable.
The participant is responsible to pay cancellation fees as
● Cancel 80 days prior to arrival - 100 percent of the full booking fee is due
to the organizer
● Cancel 90 days prior to arrival - 80 percent of the full booking fee is due to
● Cancel 120 days prior to arrival - 60 percent of the full booking fee is due to
The cancellation policy applies to all reasons for cancellation. The organizer is not responsible for any forces of nature that may cause the participant to cancel. Also, holiday insurance is recommended. In case you find someone to take over your spot, you'll receive a voucher of the total amount of the payment minus the deposit for another teacher training/immersion with Aleks Nikolic.
-Is this training Yoga Alliance Certified?
Not yet (we're working on it), but it extends its requirements. With additional training, you may apply to be certified by Swiss health insurance.
-What is the required reading?
-The Tantric Hatha Wisdom Goddesses by Dr. D. Frawley
-Sonic Alchemy by Mehdi Dehbandi
-The Radiance Sutras by Lorine Roche
-Yoga and Ayurveda by Dr. D. Frawley
-Teaching Yoga by Donna Farhi
From CHF 535.00 to CHF 2,600.00
Please read the booking and cancellation fee before applying for a spot and note that the non-refundable deposit of CHF 450.- is included in the full payment and partially in the payment plan. To avoid extra cost, choose twint or e-banking payment option.
From CHF 535.00 to CHF 2,600.00Price optionPriceQuantityTotal
Pay in full